Chartwells officials were forced to pull all Blue Bell products off the shelves at dining halls and Paws Market on campus during spring break.
Blue Bell officials began recalling their products on March 23 due to an outbreak of listeria that killed at least three people. Officials began by recalling the 3 oz. ice cream treats but later made the decision on April 20 to pull all products.
Chartwells officials will most likely seek out other vendors until they get an “OK” from Blue Bell that the ice cream can be sold again, said Chin-Hong Chua, resident district manager for Chartwells. Students may see an alternative choice for ice cream on campus during the summer depending on how long the recall lasts.