The City of San Marcos is seeking to fill 27 boards and commissions with dedicated volunteers from throughout the community. The boards and commissions influence and assist different entities within San Marcos, including City Council.
Residents are asked to submit their interest forms by Jan. 31. The volunteer form is available on the city’s website and can be emailed to Tammy Cook. The forms may also be mailed to the City Clerk’s office.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary according to the board.
1. Airport Commission
2. Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
3. Arts Commission
4. Citizen Utility Advisory Board
5. Construction Board of Adjustments of Appeals
6. Cemetery Commission
7. Charter Review Commission
8. Civil Service Commission
9. Convention & Visitor Bureau
10. Economic Development Board
11. EMS Board
12. Ethics Commission
13. Historic Preservation Commission
14. Housing Authority
15. Human Services Advisory Board
16. Library Board
17. Main Street Advisory Board
18. Neighborhood Commission
19. Parks & Recreation Board
20. Planning & Zoning Commission
21. San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth
22. San Marcos Industrial Development Corp.
23. San Marcos Youth Commission
24. Senior Citizen Advisory Board
25. Sunset Review Commission
26. Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee
27. Zoning Board of Adjustments
The City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at the Feb. 20 City Council meeting. Volunteers that are appointed will begin their service on March 1.